Ronaldo staying busy

Las Vegas law enforcement have now issued a warrant for Ronaldo's DNA, which they have sent to the authorities in Italy, where the forward plays for Juventus, the Wall Street Journal reports.

This is from an incident dating back to 2009.

Ronaldo firmly denies the claims and is prepared to offer full cooperation, US news outlet TMZ Sports said earlier on Thursday.

The Portuguese star's lawyer, Peter S. Christiansen, issued a statement saying that the warrant for DNA was "a standard request."

"Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in Las Vegas in 2009 was consensual in nature, so it is not surprising that DNA would be present, nor that the police would make this very standard request as part of their investigation," Christiansen said to the BBC.

The Juventus player has consistently denied any wrongdoing, saying in December that he was “calm” and “very confident that soon everything will be clear."

 He has also firmly rejected recent claims by UK model Jasmine Lennard, who said on Twitter that she would “help” Mayorga with her case.  

Not a great week for Ronaldo. 

atwtwetawtwt

Check out some pics of his accuser below: 

Want More From Sports Gossip?

For all the latest breaking Sports Gossip, be sure to follow SportsGossip.com on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Up Next

Trending

maiu

Singer Ella Mai Shooting her Shot with Jayson Tatum

English R&B star Ella Mai's song "Boo'd Up" was one of the biggest hits of last year. But what you probably don't know about her, she's a baller too.  Ella was almost a professional soccer player. Maybe this is the reason she's taking an interest in Boston Celtics superstar ...read more