No matter what your go-to exercise is, there is no denying that there’s something particular about a Bootcamp-style workout. Often formatted as a circuit, something is interesting about the opportunity to get after it alongside others with a common objective.
Add in the potential for greater strength, weight loss and improved cardiovascular fitness — and you’ve got the perfect recipe for a total-body burn off and a fantastic time.
Ready to take on a Bootcamp challenge? Try this workout made by Caley Crawford, certified personal trainer and manager of instruction for Row House.
For Crawford’s work-out, all you need is a set of medium-weight dumbbells, a timer and a kick-butt attitude. Beware: This workout involves running with decreased duration but the enhanced speed with each round. As this is a only-dumbbells workout, we recommend the highest rated adjustable dumbbells on Amazon
Do Five rounds of the below exercises, using a streak before each shot. For the first round, you’ll run a half-mile, then do each of these exercises for 30 seconds. With each round, you run 0.1 mph less.
Between each, rest one minute. Then repeat — doing a 0.4-mile run, followed closely from the exercises. Continue until you finish your fifth and last round with a 0.1-mile series. The objective of these runs, Crawford says, is to speed up with every shot.
- 15 shoulder press with dumbbells
- 30 alternating reverse lunge with dumbbells
- 15 hand-release push-ups
- 30-second side plank with dumbbell hold (left side)
- 30-second side plank with dumbbell hold (right side)
- Stand with feet shoulder-width weights and apart at shoulder level with your palms facing forward.
- Press both dumbbells overhead, so bringing the weights together until they nearly touch overhead.
- Return to start.
Alternating Reverse Lunge
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart holding dumbbells by your sides, palms facing.
- Transfer your left leg behind the human body, while bending your knee and lowering your buttocks. Keep your torso straight. Discontinue when your knee reaches a 90-degree angle, and your right leg is parallel to the ground.
- Pause slightly and push with your right leg, squeezing your glutes to rack up, while simultaneously returning your left leg into its beginning place.
- Repeat on the other side.
Hand Release Push-Up
- See above description.
Side Plank With Dumbbell Hold
- Start at a forearm plank. Shift your weight on your right forearm, lifting your arm holding a barbell overhead.
- If you need to modify, bend the top leg and then place that foot a bit before you for added support.
Thats all you gotta do! Add it to your workout schedule and roll! If you need to buy dumbbells for yourself so you can keep on doing while you’re at home, try visiting this site and choose the best one that fits your requirement! Cheers!