The Brock Lesnar versus Daniel Cormier heavyweight title fight isn’t going to happen. The 41-year-old WWE Superstar decided to retire from mixed martial arts.
The possibility of these two fighting for the belt this summer had been rumored for months, but is no longer going to happen.
A rematch between former heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and Cormier will likely take place now.
“I’m ready,” Miocic told ESPN. “I’ve been ready. And I’m going to take back what’s mine.”
White told ESPN earlier Tuesday that Lesnar (5-3) informed him “he’s done” as a mixed martial arts fighter. The UFC had discussed booking a title fight between Lesnar and Cormier this summer, but Lesnar informed White last week that he is retired.
“He told me he’s done. He’s retired,” White told ESPN.
Those pesky drug tests. It sounds like Lesnar couldn’t figure out how to get around them. Honestly the fight between Lesnar and Cormier would have likely been a boring wrestling match anyway.
Want More From Sports Gossip?