Ever since the advent of online gambling, there have been quite a number of online casinos that have cropped up. You can easily check the sheer number of casinos available to players. And due to the intense competition present in this gaming industry, online casinos tend to try and find ways to have the edge over their competitors. One way online casinos use to try to gain an edge over the others is by offering generous bonuses and promotions to attract and retain players on their platforms.
What Are Casino Bonuses?
Bonuses are free offers that online casinos provide on their platforms to attract new players and retain the old ones. If you visited the land-based casinos, apart from some loyal clients’ privileges, you would not find anything like casino incentives. But it is different for online gambling establishments. They have to provide incredibly attractive offers like the 100 free spins no deposit Canada to players to lure them to their sites. And apart from attracting new players, casinos also provide occasional promotional offers targeted at retaining existing players.
However, you should know that casinos are not philanthropists, and they don’t give free spins and free credits out of their good hearts. They have strict conditions and requirements attached to their promos that make it extremely difficult to cash out any part of the winnings you make using such bonuses.
Types of Casino Bonuses
Casino bonuses are generally categorized into two classes, namely:
- Welcome packages for new players
- Promotional or Loyalty incentives for existing players
Every type of casino bonus is always one of these two categories. Here are some of the common types of bonuses that online casinos provide to their potential and existing players:
- Deposit Bonuses
- No Deposit Bonuses
- Free Spins
- Loyalty Bonuses
How Do Casino Bonuses Work?
We know that casino bonuses can be incredibly attractive and almost impossible to resist, which is the exact goal of these online casinos’ strategy. But a question you should ask yourself is if the casinos are generous enough to offer free money. The simple answer is no. These casinos all have conditions and requirements attached to the bonuses. So, before you get too excited about any bonus, you should take a quick look at the terms and conditions involved. You will often need to apply a large part of your deposit funds, which may not eventually benefit you in the long run.
Things to Lookout for in Bonus Terms and Conditions
- Wagering Requirements: You can’t just claim a casino bonus and cash out immediately. You have to make use of them to place bets in games. The wagering requirement is the number of times you have to wager your deposit and bonus funds before you can withdraw your winnings. For example, let’s say you were given a bonus of $100 with a wagering requirement of 35x. It means that you will have to place $100 x 35, which is $3500 worth of bets on casino games, before you can withdraw your winnings. So, it would be best if you look for casino bonuses with lower wagering requirements.
- Game Contributing Percentage: The percentage that different games contribute to the overall wagering requirement sometimes differs. Slot games usually contribute 100%, which means that the wagering requirement will stay at its standard level when you are playing slots. If you are playing a game that contributes 20% to the overall wagering requirement, you will need to wager five times more than when you are playing a slot.
- Expiration Date: This has to do with a time limit. It simply means that you will have to meet the wagering requirement before the set date in order to withdraw your winnings.
- Qualified Games: Some casino bonuses don’t work for some games. If you are a fan of table games, free spins will be useless to you, which means you don’t need to claim such offers. You should be on the lookout for bonuses that will work on the type of casino games you enjoy.
So, is it worth using casino bonuses? There is no right answer to this question. Many casinos offer different incentives that are attached to some conditions. It would be worth it for you to use a casino bonus if all the conditions play to your benefit at the end of the day.