Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has commented on the rape allegations currently hanging over him, saying he is calm and confident that he will be cleared in 2019.
The Juventus striker has been accused of sexually assaulting Kathryn Mayorga in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.
— SportsGossip.com (@sportsgossip) September 28, 2018
Ronaldo has adamantly denied the allegations, and told Portuguese newspaper Record that he expects to have his name cleared in the next few months.
“It hurt me to see my family upset about the news,” he said.
“But they know I would never be able to do that.
Las Vegas poice confirmed last year that they had reopened an investigation into the case, amid claims that Ronaldo’s team had coerced Mayorga into accepting $375,000 hush money.
Ronaldo has also vehemently denied those claims.
2019 will be a big year for Ronaldo.