“As for Le Batard, he still has more than a year left on his contract, but there is a feeling among many that his program does not mesh with the tastes of Norby Williamson, who is ESPN’s executive vice president and the point person on ESPN Radio’s programming. Le Batard does more of a variety show rather than strictly sports.”
– Will Cain’s departure to Fox News and Fox Nation appears “imminent.” The move makes sense and would allow Cain to express his conservative viewpoint more freely.
– Trey Wingo could exit “Golic & Wingo” when his contract up in a year.
– Mike Golic and Mike Golic Jr. could conceivably stick around in the mornings.
– Golic’s former co-host, Mike Greenberg, could return to radio in the afternoons, while still remaining on “Get Up,” his successful morning show on the TV side.
– Dan Le Batard’s radio future appears on shaky ground. The host ran into trouble with the network last year after his comments about President Donald Trump and ESPN’s policy against making political statements outside of sports.
– Mina Kimes is a name to watch.
This goes against ESPN’s Stick To Sports Agenda.
They don’t want anyone to ruffle anyone’s feathers.
Want More From Sports Gossip?