Former Soccer superstar David Beckham arrives for his hearing at the Bromley Magistrates Court on Thursday in London, England.
The 44-year-old retired athlete admitted to using his cell phone while driving his Bentley back in November, and thus, was given a six-month driving ban.
Via the BBC:
The former England captain previously pleaded guilty to using the device while driving his Bentley in central London on 21 November last year.
A court heard he was photographed by a member of the public holding a phone as he drove in “slowly moving” traffic.
Beckham, 44, received six points on his licence to add to the six he already had for previous speeding matters.
He was also fined £750, ordered to pay £100 in prosecution costs and a £75 surcharge fee within seven days.
District Judge Catherine Moore said she acknowledged the slow pace of the traffic but told him there was “no excuse” under the law.
Bromley Magistrates’ Court heard Beckham was seen “operating a handheld device at knee level” while driving along Great Portland Street in the West End.
The incident occurred on November 21, 2018, when David was seen driving his car down Great Portland Street in central London while using his phone.
He enlisted lawyer Nick Freeman to assist him in court.
I’m pretty sure Becks will be alright, he easily can afford a chauffeur.
Want More From Sports Gossip?