Joining the Indian army is a matter of courage and prestige. The feeling of being accountable for the interest and security of the nation is extraordinary. In any other employment, we offer our time and sweat but being in the military requires one to give their time, sweat, blood and also life. Undoubtedly, the life of an army, navy and airforce personnel is not comfortable, the responsibility on their soldier is inflexible but the satisfaction that comes with it is unexplainable. If you have the likeness for the uniform, love for the country and the patriotism that inspires you to join the military forces then this article will help you find out the most pursued route that leads to the military forces, called the national level UPSC NDA examination.
The Union Public Service Commission conducts a national level examination to select eligible candidates and air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The examination is named UPSC NDA and is held twice a year. Through this article, we will find out all the necessary information related to the UPSC NDA exam. If you are willing to join the defence forces and contribute to the safety and welfare of the country make sure you read the article thoroughly and prepare yourself for the UPSC NDA exam 2022.
What Is UPSC NDA Exam?
In the points mentioned below, we have described the UPSC NDA examination process. Therefore, go through the points mentioned below thoroughly.
- The UPSC National Defence Academy examination is one of the most sought routes by which a capable candidate can enter the military forces.
- It is a national level examination through which the commission selects competent males and females for admission to the National Defense Academy and Indian Naval Academy to finally recruit them in the army, navy and airforce.
- UPSC conducts the National Defence Academy selection procedure twice a year.
Furthermore, go through the detailed UPSC NDA syllabus for the UPSC NDA written exam and begin your preparation already.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria Of The UPSC NDA Exam?
It is very important to know the eligibility criteria of this national level examination conducted by the commission.
- Firstly, to be eligible for the UPSC NDA exam, a candidate needs to be under and above a certain age.
- Candidates are required to be at least 12th passed. To join the army wing one needs to have passed the 12th standard from any field. However, for the navy and airforce, one needs to have passed the 12th standard with physics and mathematics.
- Earlier only male candidates could apply for the UPSC NDA examination. Following the recent order of the Supreme court, female candidates can also participate in the examination and join the National Defence Academy or the Indian Naval Academy.
What Is The Selection Process Of UPSC NDA?
From the points mentioned below, we will learn about the selection process of the national level examination called the UPSC NDA.
- The selection process of the UPSC NDA examination is of two stages, the first stage is the written examination and the second stage is the services selection board (SSB) interview.
- The written paper has two sections, it comprises objective type questions on mathematics and general ability.
- Once a candidate passes the written phase, one has to appear for the most rigid interview process ever for the intelligence and psychological assessment.
- Finally, meritorious candidates are divided amongst army, navy and airforce depending on the number of vacancies available, their position in the merit, medical efficiency and their preference.