The human body is made up of various systems and each one has a function to perform. The metabolic system is a primary system and it is the main source from where energy is generated in the body and other functions keep on running smoothly. Basically, in the process of metabolism, the body burns calories in order to produce energy. The rate of metabolism varies from one person to the other and is dependent on certain factors like body fat, activity levels, gender, age, genetics etc. People who have high rates of metabolism tend to lose weight and fat quite effectively.
However, it might happen that you are looking to lose weight and fat but not being able to do so. In such cases, increasing the metabolic rate of the body helps. Though it can be increased in natural manners, there are specialized solutions like Cinderella Solution, which helps in boosting metabolism in the body. In this article, we will discuss as how we can increase metabolism in the body.
- Include proteins in the diet as much as possible – Digesting proteins requires more calories when compared to carbohydrates and fats. Protein plays an important role in stabilizing the secretion of insulin in the blood stream and this helps in boosting metabolism in the body. Some of the best sources of protein include tofu, fish, eggs, nuts, white meat chicken, beans as well as low-fat dairy products. Consuming lean protein, high protein and foods with low GI are also useful for boosting metabolism. Some of these foods include nuts, seeds and oatmeal.
- Drink water in abundance – Various kinds of chemical reactions take place in the body, including that of metabolism. And all the reactions are dependent on water. This ingredient is regarded as one of the most important nutrients and is considered as an integral part of healthy eating. Water helps in removing harmful toxins from the system along with increasing the metabolic rate of the body.
- Eating at regular intervals of time – Regularity and balance are two important things, which help in maintaining a healthy body. Eating at regular intervals of time plays a major role in maintaining metabolic balance in the body. A person who skips meals and eats after long period of time will be able to burn calories slowly and this will lead to storage of more fat cells in the body. Small meals or snacks should be eaten at an interval of about 3-4 hours.
- Abundant sleep is important – Getting too little sleep can disrupt the hormonal balance in the body. In such a condition ghrelin, a kind of hormone is secreted which increases hunger in people. Also, the secretion of hormone leptin is minimized. This hormone makes a person feel full for a longer period of time. With proper and adequate sleep, the hormone balance is maintained and overeating is restricted. Minimum 7-8 hours of sleep is necessary for any adult.
- Rev up the workout sessions – It is a known fact that muscles tend to use more calories when compared to that of fat. As a result, if you are looking to strengthen your muscles, you will boost up the metabolic rate in no time and turn into a calorie-burning machine. All kinds of aerobic exercises help in burning calories to a great extent. With increased intensity of the workout sessions and rigorous training programs, you will have a highly boosted metabolic system.
Along with these, there are different kinds of metabolism boosting foods like green vegetables, apple cider vinegar, fruits, dark chocolate, nuts and seeds etc. which can be included in the diet for best results.