Martavis Bryant is re-signing with the Oakland Raiders, who previously released the veteran receiver on roster cut-down day with concerns about a possible league-imposed suspension.
The deal is for one year, a source told ESPN’s Dan Graziano.
Source: WR Martavis Bryant is signing a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders, who released him on roster cutdown day because they were concerned about a possible league-imposed suspension. NFL Network first reported that Bryant and the Raiders were getting back together.
— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) September 11, 2018
Raiders coach Jon Gruden had grown increasingly impatient with Bryant’s lack of versatility in his playbook and missed practice time in training camp due to “headaches.”
“We expected more from him,” Gruden said Sept. 2, the day after initial 53-man rosters were turned in. “Perhaps we get Martavis again next year and we can get the best out of him.”
The Raiders receivers were shut down in Monday night’s 33-13 season-opening home loss to the Los Angeles Rams, with Amari Cooper catching one pass on three targets for 9 yards and Jordy Nelson getting three receptions on four targets for 23 yards.
Gruden already feeling the heat one game into his 10 year contract. This is like a fantasy football roster move.