Easier said than done

Khabib Nurmagomedov, who with Conor McGregor was one of four fighters suspended and fined by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday, has no interest in competing in Nevada again, his manager told ESPN.

The NSAC voted to suspend Nurmagomedov (27-0) for nine months and fined him $500,000 of a disclosed $2 million purse. The suspension is dated retroactively to Oct. 6, the date of UFC 229, meaning he is eligible to return July 6. Additionally, the NSAC offered to reduce the suspension to as little as six months if Nurmagomedov participates in a local anti-bullying campaign.

Khabib responded: 

McGregor (21-4) received a six-month suspension and was fined $50,000. He will be eligible to return to competition as soon as April 6.

He tweeted Wednesday that he was looking "forward to competing again soon."

Nurmagomedov, Abdelaziz said, is now targeting a return to action in November at MSG at a yet-to-be-announced event.

Want More From Sports Gossip?

For all the latest breaking Sports Gossip, be sure to follow SportsGossip.com on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Up Next

Trending

maiu

Singer Ella Mai Shooting her Shot with Jayson Tatum

English R&B star Ella Mai's song "Boo'd Up" was one of the biggest hits of last year. But what you probably don't know about her, she's a baller too.  Ella was almost a professional soccer player. Maybe this is the reason she's taking an interest in Boston Celtics superstar ...read more