The rapid growth in technology has led to increasing demand in the development of innovative web and mobile applications. Developers who prefer richer content are now utilizing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 as well as Microsoft Azure in developing web services. Microsoft has designed a way to help you develop these skills. All you need is to pass the Microsoft 70-487 exam which leads to Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): App Builder credential. There’s no better way to develop your app developer skills than opting for this credential.
We’re going to share with you tested study hacks to help you ace this exam with ease. But first, get more details on this exam. This post introduces you to the exam objectives and details and finally takes you through useful hacks to use in passing your 70-487 exam.
The exam is targeted at developers who use Visual Studio 2017 as well as the framework for PrepAway Core in designing and developing Web solutions. You’re required to have an experience of not less than three years in designing ASP.NET MVC solutions. You also must demonstrate your knowledge and experience in the following:
- How to design and develop web applications meant to access varied data as well as services that include Windows Azure
- Data and service solutions to complete software development lifecycle
- How to develop and deploy to multi-tier environments that include Windows Azure
- How to design and develop asynchronous lifecycle
- How to create and consume HTTP services
Microsoft 70-487 Exam Prerequisites
To take this exam, you must have a certification in the MCSA Web Applications or MCSA Universal Windows Platform.
Microsoft 70-487 Exam Details
The exam has 40-60 questions that you’re given 2.5 hours to finish. They may come in a number of formats that include drag-and-drop, multiple-choice, build list, case studies, review questions, and active screen. To qualify, you must attain a passing score of 700 points. However, before you take your exam, you have to register and schedule it with Pearson VUE. The Microsoft 70-487 exam fee is $165.
8 Study Hacks to Pass 70-487 Exam
- Learn the 70-487 Exam Structure
It’s important for you to know the exam objectives well before you start your preparation. The exam covers the following topics with expected percentages for each topic as below:
- How to access data (20-25%)
- Query and manipulate data using the entity framework (20-25%)
- Create and consume web API-based services (20-25%)
- Design and implement web services (15-20%)
- Deploy web applications as well as services (15-20%)
- Prepare a Study Plan
It would be hard if you don’t set aside time for in-depth study. Set your priorities right by making sure that you prepare a study plan to guide you on when to study for your exam. The plan can only work if you stick to it. It’s also advisable to begin your exam prep early to avoid a last minute rush that might end up costing you. This particular exam needs enough time to study.
- Enroll for Microsoft 70-487 Best Courses
Training courses help you cover the exam syllabus with the help of someone who’s experienced in the topics. They come mostly as video tutorials with practice questions and assignments after each topic or module. The courses can be instructor-led or self-paced. Some of the best courses for this exam are:
- Microsoft Developing Windows Azure and Web Services instructor-led training
- Web and Data Application Development with Visual Studio 2017 and Azure self-paced course on Microsoft Virtual Academy
- 70-487: MCSD Developing Windows Azure and Web Services on PrepAway website
- Use Microsoft Self-Paced Labs to Attain Hands-On Skills
By practicing with labs, you’ll enhance your hands-on skills. This will enable you to pass your exam as well as provide practical solutions in a real-world scenario. ASP.NET Core Architecture Best Practices labs will give you a great boost in your practical skills.
- Watch Exam Prep Videos When You’re Unable to Read
Remember every minute counts when it comes to preparing for your Microsoft 70-487 exam. If you cannot concentrate on reading or perhaps your books are inaccessible, you can opt for videos on the same topic. There are a number of online video tutorials that you can make use of. Ensure they are from reliable sources since you need content that is relevant to what you’re studying. For example, you can find them on such websites you can trust as ExamSnap, ExamCollection or Exam-Labs.
- Practice With Past Questions and Answers
Exam dumps give you a platform to test your exam readiness. These files contain questions and checked answers that’s why are considered to be the best way to revise the learned material and to learn how to manage your time. Practice with these past questions until you have mastered the concepts. If you come across the topics or questions you are weak in, you can always go back to them. There are no limits to how many times you can practice with dumps. Here are some of 70-487 dumps that you can use to practice with:
- Microsoft 70-487 Official Practice Test
- PrepAway 70-487 Premium Bundle
- ExamCollectionMicrosoft 70-487 Practice Tests
- Exam-Labs Microsoft 70-487 Dumps
- Study with Recommended Guide Books for 70-487 Exam
Study guides can go a long way in helping you pass your 70-487 exam. These books give you a detailed insight into the exam objectives by taking you step by step through the concepts.Exam Ref 70-487 Developing Windows Azure and Web Services study guide from Microsoft Press is one of the best books that you can use.
- Make Use of the Microsoft Online Community
If you need more information or guidance regarding your exam, you can always check with the online community. You can also read articles and blogs found in this forum to help you understand more about your exam. Apart from the revision materials, this also another great resource that you can use to prepare and pass your Microsoft 70-487 exam.
Attaining the MCSD: App Builder certification won’t come by chance. You have to deliberately study and pass your Microsoft 70-487 exam. With the many exam prep options available, you can’t afford to fail your exam. Make sure that you follow these study hacks and use them to pass your exam. As an app developer, this credential would be a plus to your IT career.