Seven Michigan State football players are being charged with crimes stemming from the assault on two Wolverines players in Michigan Stadium’s tunnel after the two teams played on Oct. 29, the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office announced Wednesday.

Defensive back Khary Crump is being charged with felonious assault after video was released showing Crump striking Michigan defensive back Gemon Green with his helmet. Defensive end Jacoby Windmon was also shown in the video and is charged with one count of assault and battery.

Itayvion Brown, Angelo Grose, Justin White, Brandon Wright and Zion Young are all being charged with aggravated assault. Video showed a mass of players surrounding Michigan defensive back Ja’Den McBurrows, hitting and kicking him while he was on the ground.

Michigan State initially suspended Crump, Grose, Brown and Young, and, once more video evidence was revealed, Windmon, Wright, White and Malcolm Jones also were suspended.

Jones was not charged with a crime Wednesday.

“At the University of Michigan we appreciate the thoughtful, deliberate approach from the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office to this unfortunate incident,” Michigan president Santa J. Ono said in a statement. “We also want to express our concern for all the players involved, especially those who were injured. The University of Michigan will continue to cooperate fully with any additional reviews of this matter.”

Michigan State interim president Teresa K. Woodruff, meanwhile, released a statement later Wednesday that said the school would “continue to evaluate this matter and cooperate with any investigative reviews.”

“While we do not condone the actions taken by some football players on Oct. 29, we will support our student-athletes through this process,” she said. “MSU believes strongly in restorative justice practices and the education around harmful actions.”

She added that universities “must make our respective environments safe places for competition.” She said she was committed to making “meaningful changes” to that end and would report back by the end of the year. Woodruff didn’t elaborate on what those changes could be.

Green was put in concussion protocol, according to his father, George Green, who told ESPN that the family plans to pursue charges against those involved in the altercation.

These charges were filed after an investigation conducted by the University of Michigan department of public safety, and the prosecutor said in the statement that no further comments will be made at this time.

Green suffered a concussion, which kept him out of one game before he returned to play in Michigan’s 34-3 win over Nebraska.

Michigan increased the security presence in and around the tunnel and prevented Wolverines from entering it until each Nebraska player left the field at halftime and after the game.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Got a story or tip for us? Email Sports Gossip editors at 

Want More From Sports Gossip? 

For all the latest breaking Sports Gossip, be sure to follow on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.