You want to take your business online or plan to start a new online business. But the question is whom to sell and where to sell? You’ve got two big e-commerce solutions- Shopify or Clickfunnels. Now the question which one to choose? The answer is that there is no such tool which will look after all your online marketing related problems. Every tool has their advantages and shortcomings. The tool you should choose entirely depends on the type of your business and the type of the products you want to sell.
If you have no idea whatsoever regarding selling or marketing a product then go for Clickfunnel since it comes with an in-built and tested conversion sales funnel. There are different funnels for selling different kinds of products like eBooks, courses, webinars and other services. You can also operate and manage the marketing campaigns on Journal Review – Clickfunnels.
The eCommerce sites like Shopify have more features in comparison to Clickfunnels. Also if you have multiple products to sell then Clickfunnel would not be the ideal choice.
Shopify would be the best choice if you plan to open an online store fully functional with lots of products both physical and digital. They have an easy-to-use interface and numerous themes to choose from. Shopify gives an efficient inventory management system through which you can manage and organize the payment integration, physical products and shipping fees.
You don’t require any prior knowledge of a programming language or code. Shopify online community is also of great help if you face any technical problem or need any other kind of help. The App store has integrations and plugins to streamline and customize the feel and the look as well as functionality of your website. And on top is the simple google search which can also solve most of your day to day issues.
Clickfunnels Vs Shopify
Both are meant for different kind of users. Let’s look at some of their features.
- Huge collection of both free and paid themes to choose from to design the online store in no time. The content management system allows you to create blog posts whereby the website automatically resizes for mobile viewers.
- Keep track of the orders, traffic and sales and plan your inventory accordingly. Integration with Google Analytics helps you understand the customer preferences like where they are from, what products they seek and how much time they spend buying online.
- Well developed inventory management system. Easily add new products, reserve the right to sell or withhold the product. Shopify keeps account of what’s left, what’s sold and when to replenish stock.
- The customer management system tracks the visitors and their buying behavior. Through membership sites you can send emails to the customers so that the chances of repeat sales increase. The system also manages refunds.
- Operate your store on various social media platforms like Pinterest, Amazon, Ebay, Facebook or a physical store or formal store website so that the customers need not to visit the Shopify store directly to buy your product.
- Payments can be made through Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover and more than 50 other payment gateways including 2Checkout and Paypal. Shipping is free and there is the option to sort out city and state taxes.
- Shopify has partnered with the global couriers like USPS, DHL and UPS and offer the best shipping fees. They have now partnered with Oberlo so now it is possible to buy and sell products which aren’t in your inventory.
- The various plugins and integrations enhance the site’s functionality. Create landing pages, carry out email marketing, and get analytics details and much more through various tools Shopify has.
- Available on both android and iOS mobile phones.
- Have in-built sales funnels with different templates. The funnels are a set of well-designed web pages that guide customers to the final checkout page.
- Create your own sales funnel through the website building tool. Add carts, images, texts, integrate payments, sign-up forms etc. in the sales funnel.
- Create landing pages yourself by duplicating pages and doing split testing.
- Integrate payments into the funnel. Receive payments by integrating Stripe, PayPal and several other payment gateways.
- Actionetics is an automated toolbar for email integration. The funnel is merged with the email campaign. The users can be added to the list according to your choice and you can manage the kind of email the customer is going to receive.
- CRM system looks into the customer behavior, location, social profile and their order history. You can categorize customers on the basis of their location, order history, amount spent, age, etc.
- Design your own affiliate marketing program on your terms.
If you already know how to do marketing and want a full-time platform to run an online store go for Shopify. However you will have to gain knowledge regarding setting up of landing pages, running an email campaign and automating the business.
Clickfunnels will be the best option if you know nothing about marketing. There are in-built tools to help you run an online store successfully.