The Internet opens up a lot of prospects for finding friends, soul mates or simply interesting people to talk to. You can meet and communicate with people from anywhere in the world, even without leaving your home, while setting the search criteria for partners in accordance with your preferences. So it’s not surprising that modern people are increasingly getting to know each other on the Internet, and traditional methods of dating at bars, clubs or events are becoming a rarity.
The popularity of social networks, sites and video chats for dating skyrocketed in 2020-2021, when the whole world was locked within four walls due to the coronavirus epidemic. For many dating sites, this period became a kind of renaissance, particularly for the very first video chats in history — Omegle and ChatRoulette. After they launched, they were very popular, but due to poor moderation and for a number of other reasons, their breathtaking rise led to an equally rapid decline. Today, the popularity of Omegle and ChatRoulette is growing again, although some of their disadvantages have not been eliminated by the developers.
Those who are not satisfied with this are looking for an alternative to these sites. And there are plenty to choose from! Following the success of Omegle and ChatRoulette, developers have worked hard to create more interesting, easy-to-use and functional chat roulettes. Today there are a huge number of sites in this format. They are tailored for different purposes: some can be used to just kill time, others to expand the circle of acquaintances, and some to find a partner for the next night. Not every video chat site will suit you, so to make it easier for you to find a site that will meet your needs, we have compiled a list of video chat sites that are especially popular among users.
The most popular video chat sites and reviews about them
These sites differ in appearance, functionality, audience and other features. Let’s start our overview with the “oldies”: Omegle and ChatRoulette. These sites appeared almost simultaneously: Omegle launched in March 2009, and ChatRoulette just six months later. The creator of Omegle offered Internet users a fundamentally new format — the user simply went to the site, and the system independently connected them with a random chat partner.
Since then, nothing has changed much: neither on Omegle, nor on ChatRoulette. You can’t specify the gender or the age of the people you talk to. ChatRoulette has the ability to select a search region, Omegle does not, but in defense of Omegle, we want to say that on this site you can at least search for users by interests.
Both of these video chat sites are intended for an adult audience. Omegle is aimed at English-speaking users, and ChatRoulette is widespread in the CIS countries. Men are more active in these video chats — they make up about 60% of users.
Alternatives to ChatRoulette and Omegle include the following video chats.
- Shagle. This site is distinguished by a modern interface, as well as the presence of geographic and gender filters. Shagle is used by over three million people monthly and operates in more than seventy countries around the world. One of the interesting features that users especially like is the ability to give virtual gifts to chat partners.
- ChatRandom. In this video chat application, you can select the gender of your chat partner. In addition to the standard “male” and “female” options, the “Couple” option is also available, which is important for those users who are interested in getting acquainted with other couples.
Also in ChatRandom, you can manually enter your interests in the designated field, which greatly simplifies the search for like-minded people. You can also search for chat partners in special chat rooms for specific interests. Plus for an additional fee you can access a chat where the other people are only girls.
- CooMeet. The special feature of this video chat site is a gender filter that connects men only with girls, and girls only with men. Iit’s ideal for those interested in finding a member of the opposite sex. Users consider moderation to be one of the main advantages of CooMeet – it is very effective, as evidenced by every positive CooMeet review.
When registering, users must go through identity verification and confirmation, so there are no fakes and bots here, just real people interested in communication. Another advantage of this video chat site is the availability of a high quality mobile application for iOS and Android.
- Chathub. The Chathub developers made sure that their video chat works well on both PC and mobile devices. But you need to be careful when downloading the Android app, as it’s easy to get the wrong one. There are many applications on Google Play with similar names — this is how unscrupulous developers try to lure an audience.
Among the advantages of this video chat site, users note a high connection speed with other users, HD video quality, and a built-in streaming function. Chathub is also very popular among those who do not want to waste time filling out a registration form — all video chat functions are available without registration.
- Bazoocam. This platform is mainly used by those who need the streaming function — on Bazoocam you can stream yourself and watch live broadcasts of other users. But keep in mind that it’s quite common to see content here that is intended only for an adult audience.
Among the features of Bazoocam you can search for nearby users and play built-in mini-games. Apart from that, Bazoocam is a classic anonymous chat roulette.
The choice is yours
The range of video chat apps is really huge, and it can be problematic to choose one site, especially if the user has several goals. Don’t limit yourself! Choose two or three chat roulettes and use them one by one, expanding your social circle.
Try different platforms, read reviews of other users, pay attention to audience activity and find those chat roulettes that will fully meet your requirements. There’s no shortage of choice, so make that work to your advantage.