Finding the best adventure sports to try this summer can be problematic for adrenaline junkies like us. Not only do we need that rush of adrenaline coursing through our veins, but we also require a variety of experiences. There’s no avoiding it. We need that brand-new “OMG!” sensation.
The popularity of adventure sports has skyrocketed in recent years. Of course, this has flooded the market with tons of adventure sports “wannabes” ranging from the absurd to the dangerous. It just seems like every time we turn around, there’s a new flavor of the week.
Don’t get us wrong: we’re all for promoting ideas that can help our favorite sports continue to thrive. However, separating the passing fads from the “real thing” takes time, effort, and firsthand experience.
The good news is that if you’re still unsure about which adventure sports to try this summer, we’ve got you covered. We put our money where our mouths are because we also live and breathe adventure sports as you do. Well, maybe a little more than most people.
We contribute a lifetime of adventure sports experience to our work as athletes and industry specialists. We have unrivaled adventure sports expertise, knowledge, and experience in the adventure sports business.
Here is our hand-picked list of the top seven adventure sports to try this summer for the most life-changing experiences.
7 Awesome adventure sports for your summer bucket list
1.Surfing: Surfing is a sport that is frequently regarded as both an attitude and a way of life. Surfing is a recreational activity as well as a competitive sport.
Surfing has existed in one form or another for hundreds of years. However, the art of surfing continues to evolve and remain fresh.
It doesn’t get much more exciting than big wave surfing these days. The tallest waves ever surfed were said to be 70 feet tall! Surfers are towed through massive waves by jetski riders, forcing them to think and react swiftly in order to catch these giants.
2. Kayaking: Kayaking is a water activity that involves paddling in a small boat called a kayak with a double-bladed oar. A big part of the rush you get from kayaking comes from the rivers being so unpredictable and constantly changing. This sport is filled with challenges, thrills, and stunning scenery that you will never forget.
Kayaking is a fun sport that can be enjoyed almost everywhere there is enough water. It can also be combined with other activities like as fishing and camping.
Flat-water kayaking is very beginner-friendly, so you can relax knowing that you’ll have a great time on your first day. The more daring and experienced will have their work cut out for them to keep things exciting for a long time.
3. Hang gliding: Few sports come close to imitating true flight like hang gliding. You don’t need fancy equipment, just a well-built glider and the courage to face one of humanity’s oldest fears: heights.
Hang glider pilots can launch from slopes facing the wind, or from flat land using winches. They can even be pulled aloft from an airfield by a microlight aircraft.
You’ll be given the go-ahead to take flight once you’ve completed the necessary training. That’s where the magic begins to transform your life. This extreme sport is one that adrenaline seekers crave after, and once you experience it, you’ll be hooked.
4. Drone racing: Drone racing allows you to combine elements of the physical and virtual worlds. FPV (First Person View) systems are used in almost all drone races today.
The driver can control their drone remotely and receive a cool piltot’s view as if they were in the cockpit using virtual reality glasses. You can even see basic flight information and battery settings directly from the plane.
Pilots compete to create the fastest and most agile multi-rotors to race around a defined course in drone racing. Not only do you require top-of-the-line equipment, but the piloting skills that these pilots learn are quite extraordinary.
5. Hiking: Hiking is a soft-adventure sport that can be done by virtually anyone in reasonable physical condition. Start with day hikes and return to your starting place in the evening to gain a feel for hiking.
After that, do a multi-day hike that is pretty easy to get a sense of your skill and potential.
Before you go hiking, you should have a basic understanding of campcraft, map reading, and first aid. Remember, regardless of your skill level or experience, going hiking in the mountains alone is never a good idea.
6. Trail running: Trail running is a must-try for everyone who wants to put their body to the ultimate test. It’s you against the elements, and preferably you’re wearing a good pair of trail running shoes.
Trail running is without a doubt one of the most effective ways to relieve stress, enhance your health, and even improve your social life.
Begin on flat, easy terrain and gradually build up to longer distances with more uphill and downhill parts. This will provide you with the confidence as well as the leg and ankle strength required for mountain running.
7. Skydiving: Skydiving, often known as parachuting, is an acrobatic sport in which athletes jump out of a plane at a high altitude and perform acrobatic maneuvers while free falling.
The jumpers must deploy their parachutes at a certain point in order to slow down and land safely on the ground. When it comes to extreme adventure sports, skydiving is unrivaled.
Skydiving competitions are held on a regular basis. Landing close to a target and performing acrobatic maneuvers in the air, as well as flying in formation, are among the events.
If you have the guts to skydive, you’ll be rewarded with one of the most powerful adrenaline rushes ever experienced by mankind.
Stay active this summer!
The primary goal of adventure sports is to provide entertainment and to promote an individual’s innovation. A challenge or trying something new in life is what an adventure entails.
Adventure sports can help us build sportsmanship and a sense of teamwork. It also aids us in maintaining a cheerful attitude and radiating a positive energy. With this list in hand, we hope you’ll be able to take advantage of this summer’s opportunities to make some truly unforgettable experiences.