Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest-paid player in the EPL, even at the age of 36. According to the Daily Mail, the Portuguese will earn £480,000 a week at Manchester United.
Cristiano has passed the previous top position, City’s Kevin De Bruyne, who hammered out a lucrative contract without an agent in April, displacing David De Gea from the top spot.
Top-10 highest-paid players in EPL:
- Cristiano Ronaldo: 480 000 £ p/w
- Romelu Lukaku: 450 000 £ p/w (including bonuses)
- Kevin de Bruyne: 385 000 £ p/w
- Jack Grealish: 380 000 £ p/w (including bonuses)
- David de Gea: 375 000 £ p/w
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 350 000 £
- Raheem Sterling: 300 000 £
- Harry Kane: 300 000 £
- Paul Pogba: 290 000 £
- Anthony Martial: 250 000 £
– Ronaldo earns significantly less than Messi and Neymar at PSG. The Daily Mail claims the Argentinian gets £1m a week and the Brazilian £600,000.
– This summer, De Gea was beaten by two other newcomers: Romelu Lukaku is closest to Ronaldo with bonuses, and Grealish is almost level with De Bruyne. It seems not for nothing that Guardiola was worried the signing of Cristiano might shake up City’s dressing room.
– The wealthiest players still play in Manchester City. There are seven players from United and City in the top 10 at once.
– Arsenal paid Ozil a year ago the most, though he didn’t make the squad. Now the club’s highest-paid player is Aubameyang.
– The Times writes that Harry Kane’s salary increased from £200,000 to £300,000 a week last summer to make him less likely to think about leaving, but after not being let go to City, the forward is negotiating for an improved contract. The Englishman wants 400k to become one of the highest-paid players in the league.
– At Liverpool, Salah earns the most. But his £ 220,000 a week is now only 11th in the league.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s career before the return, briefly.
Cristiano Ronaldo has signed for football club Manchester United rather than Manchester City, sports journalists reported. Many bookmakers accepted bets for where the Portuguese will go next. Bettors found the trusted betting sites and updates on the thrilling saga at bookmaker ratings, though it was over in less than a day.
First, the news stated that Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo had left Juventus for an unknown reason, presumably for Manchester City. But just over an hour ago, Manchester United’s press office released an official statement: Ronaldo is now back with the team.
It is known that the 36-year-old forward has signed a contract with the Manchester United club until the summer of 2023.
Ronaldo played for the club at the start of his career, from 2003 to 2009. He became the first Portuguese player in the history of the British club. Incidentally, Cristiano wanted to play under number 28 rather than number 7, which previously belonged to United players such as David Beckham, George Best, Brian Robson, and Eric Cantona.
Cristiano Ronaldo has played for Juventus since 2018. The Portuguese star played 134 official games in three seasons, scored 101 goals, and won two Italian championships, the Cup, and two Italian Super Cups.