Most sports games and athletics have been canceled. Land casinos are closed to reduce the spread of coronavirus. The government has imposed lockdown in some major cities, and the public is being advised to stay at home and avoid gatherings.
Gamblers have been left with only one alternative, and that is online betting. Most players are now gambling online as most of the sites provide almost the same experience and games as land-based casinos
According to Casinomatcher.com, lotteries are also affected, and some like Loto Quebec have turned to selling their tickets online. In other casino news, online gambling in Canada continues to grow despite the challenges.
The Shutdown of Land-based Casinos
The virus is believed to spread quickly where many people are gathered. Land-based casinos are usually crowded, and closing them was necessary.
The US government ordered the closure of all gaming operations. This includes cities like Los Angeles in Nevada, which is popular with gambling.
Australian and UK governments have also ordered gaming operations to halt. In the UK, gambling is very popular, and it is not surprising when gamblers opt for online betting.
Quebec is the last province to order a shutdown of land-based casinos due to the increasing number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
Online Casinos Thrive
Online betting has seen a lot of new players sign up since shutdowns were announced. This is the safest way to gamble in this pandemic.
Some online betting companies are admitting to seeing an increase in the number of online gamblers on their sites.
There are hundreds of different sites that offer online games, including slots, poker, and others. Actually, in some of these games like slots, the payout percentages and RTP’s are higher than in land-based casinos.
Gambling companies have also changed their strategies after major sports events were canceled. This includes adding more games in their online sites that players can bet on: Japanese baseball, table tennis, international soccer action, and virtual games like football matches, which are computer-generated.
Advantages of Online Gambling
- You can gamble from anywhere, even in the comfort of your living room, as you adhere to the government’s directives of staying at home. You will only need a computer, tablet, or smartphone and internet connection.
- Online casinos offer a large number of games. This means higher winning opportunities, as well as playtime. The games also have paybacks that are higher than average compared to land-based casinos.
- You can access the games anytime, as long as you have an internet connection. Unlike the land-based casinos which close during the night, online casinos operate 24/7.
- Online gambling reduces social interaction. In times like these, when social distancing is essential, playing online will guarantee your safety. You don’t have to worry that you can be infected with the virus.
- Even if you’re confined to your house, you can still play both local and global games. Online sites give you access to all these games, giving you a wide range to choose from.
At times like these, when there’s a deadly virus, staying safe is a priority. Players cannot access land casinos, and online casinos are serving as the alternative. Apart from avoiding the crowded casinos, players are becoming familiar with online casinos, thus growing their popularity.