The showdown between Woods and Mickelson begins at 3 p.m. ET on Friday on pay-per-view.
Here are some of the highlights and quotes to take away from the Press Conference.
1. “Tiger is six years younger than I am, even though he doesn’t look it,” Mickelson said.
2. Asked if Woods has been living in his head for 20 years, like Woods said was the case last week, Mickelson replied, “Yeah, but there’s a lot of empty space in there.”
3. Minutes into the press conference, Woods and Mickelson had already bet $200k of their own money after Mickelson said he was going to birdie the opener
4. Mickelson, after Woods talked about what Lefty meant to the game. “Can I just appreciate the nice thing you just said about me?” Mickelson said. “Did ya’ll get that on tape?”
5. Referring to Mickelson’s Mizzen+Main commercial, the one in which Mickelson hit the dance floor and did the worm, Woods said, “I’m not dancing [if I win]. That’s not happening.” [Laughs] Added Mickelson: “I’m intimidating with my moves.”
6. “Utopian huh?” Mickelson said to Woods, needling him for his word choice when describing host venue Shadow Creek. “There’s that Stanford education. I went to Arizona State. I think it’s beautiful.”
7. Asked if there were any thought of calling it “The Match: Phil vs. Tiger,” with Mickelson’s name first, they both laughed. “That was my first loss,” Mickelson said. “And I’m trying to get it back even 1-1 on Friday.”
This is going to be fun.
Once they get out there the competitive juices will start flowing. I don't think there's any animosity towards one another, but will still be worth tuning in.
9 million reasons to watch.