Roulette has offered glamour, mystery, and excitement to casino-goers since the 17th century ( online casino archive ). The game is popular in casinos worldwide because its rules are simple and easy-to-understand. And it also offers a surprising level of depth for serious betters.
Roulette is a casino game named after the French word meaning little wheel. In this game, players may choose to place bets on either a single number or various groupings of numbers and colours red or black and check the number is odd or even and if numbers are high (19–36) or low (1–18).
KNOW THE EQUIPEMENT:
The roulette table is composed of two sections, the wheel and the betting layout. On this wheel there are 36 numbers and a 0.
Tables: There are two styles of roulette tables. One has a single betting layout with the roulette wheel at one end, and the other has two layouts with the wheel in the centre. The wheel spins horizontally. On some American tables, there is a “00”.
The layout design: Printed on green baize. The main portion of the design is composed of 36 consecutively numbered rectangular spaces. Each three columns of 12 places alternatively coloured with red and black. each. beginning with 1 at the top and concluding with 36 at the bottom.
The roulette wheel: Consists of a solid wooden disk slightly convex in shape. Around its rim are metal partitions known as separators. And the compartments or pockets between these are called “canoes” by roulette croupiers.
How to play:
The croupiers spin the wheel in one direction and ball is rolled on opposite to the circular track. Wheel consist of red and black coloured compartment. Bets are placed on a table marked to correspond with the compartments of the wheel. Roulette is a banking game all bets are placed against the bank. That is the house or the proprietor of the game.
A croupier/ dealer sends a small white ball spinning that will eventually land on one of the numbers. Bets are placed on the table, correlating with the slots the ball can possibly land in.
- Straight up-betting on one number pays 35 to 1.
- Split betting on two numbers pays 17 to 1.
- Street betting on three numbers pays 11 to 1.
- Three numbers can be bet with just one chip. It can be placed on the end of any “street” (the row of 3 numbers) on the table map.
- Corner betting on four numbers pays 8 to 1.
- The chip lies on the intersection of the four numbers.
- Six-line betting on 6 numbers pays 5 to 1.
- The chip lies on the edge of two adjoining streets.
These bets do not involve specific numbers.
- Colour betting number will be in chosen colour.
- Even or odd betting pays 1 to 1.
- Column bet will be in the chosen vertical column of 12 numbers, such as 1, 4, 7, 10 on down to 34.
- Dozen betting pays 2 to 1
- High or low bets pay 1 to 1.
Roulette can take a long time to master so don’t get discouraged! Making outside bets will return you less money, but your chances of winning are significantly higher and gives you wise knowledge on combinations.