A capacity crowd will be present at UFC 264 on July 10 in Las Vegas, UFC president Dana White announced on Wednesday. The pay-per-view card will be held at T-Mobile Arena and headlined by the trilogy fight between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.
“I signed bout agreement this morning,” McGregor told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani on Wednesday. “I’m going to rip this game a new a–hole July 10th. The Mac is back in Sin City! Full house!”
McGregor aims to rebound from his second-round TKO loss to Poirier at UFC 257 in January. He had previously beaten Poirier in 2014.
Namajunas defends anti-communism remarks
Ranking the best upcoming fights in MMA, including Edwards-Diaz and Oliveira-Chandler
Poirier, McGregor quarrel over $500K donation
White’s tweet comes a day after Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced a goal to remove social distancing restrictions by May 1 and reach 100% capacity across the state effective June 1. A statewide mask mandate will remain.
“I’m so happy to finally be able to say Vegas is back,” White said in his tweeted video. “This summer Las Vegas is back open for business and on July 10, UFC 264 will be at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas at 100% capacity. Ladies and gentlemen, that’s 20,000 fans.”
The UFC has held events in Vegas, Florida and Fight Island (in Abu Dhabi) since the start of the pandemic. UFC 261 on April 24 features three title fights and will be held in Jacksonville, Florida. It will be the first pay-per-view with a capacity crowd since March 2020.
Got a story or tip for us? Email Sports Gossip editors at email@example.com
Want More From Sports Gossip?