News on Conor McGregor’s long-awaited return might be imminent.
The UFC superstar teased an announcement about his next fight on social media Saturday.
UFC CEO Dana White said earlier in the week that he’s talked with McGregor about his return fight and will decide what’s next “soon.”
McGregor was expected to fight Michael Chandler earlier in 2023 after the pair coached the latest season of “The Ultimate Fighter.”
However, there’s been speculation McGregor might pivot to a different opponent for his next bout, and the Irishman’s phrasing in his recent social media post suggests he may have someone else in mind for his comeback fight.
McGregor and Chandler went back and forth Friday on X, formerly known as Twitter.
A bout with Justin Gaethje and a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz are among the other rumored options for McGregor.
The UFC still hasn’t announced a main event for its UFC 300 card. While McGregor has said he’d like to headline the event, his coach, John Kavanagh, recently claimed the promotion preferred a summer return.
McGregor has been sidelined since breaking his leg in a July 2021 loss to Dustin Poirier.